Seeing in Style: Understanding Different Face Shapes For Frame Shapes
- Posted on: May 15 2023
Glasses are a fantastic tool that helps millions of Americans see nationwide. However, sometimes it can be a struggle to decide which glasses frames are best suited for us. So let’s discover the basic styles of face shapes and what frames may be the right ones for you!
- Oval. An oval face shape is well-balanced in its proportions. The best frames for an oval face are at least as wide as the broadest part of the face.
- Heart-shaped. Shaped like a heart, this face shape is wider at the top, across the temples, and narrows near the chin. Frames that are wider at the bottom can offset this face shape. Choosing lighter or rimless frames can also be helpful so as not to draw attention to the widest part of the face.
- Oblong. This longer face shape may have a straight cheek line with little definition. The right glasses can make a face appear shorter. Try frames that are deeper than they are wide. Consider frames with decorative detail at the temple to add the appearance of facial width and balance.
- Square. This face shape is broad at the forehead as well as the jawline. It has about the same proportion in length and width, so it could use some softening. You can achieve this with frames that are wider as well as oval-shaped frames.
- Diamond. You have a diamond-shaped face if you have broad, high cheekbones, a narrow jawline, and a narrow forehead. You may look great in a pair of cat-eye glasses! Likewise, the shape of your face can be complemented by rimless or oval-shaped frames.
- Round. This shape has roughly equal proportions in length and width but no angles. If you want your face to appear longer and thinner, try on eyeglasses that are narrower than the width of your face. You may also look great in wider frames that are rectangular in shape.
- Base-down triangle. This inverted triangle shape is wider in the lower regions of the face, chin, and cheekbone areas. It narrows at the forehead. You can add the illusion of width with cat-eye frames or frames that have more accent and detailing on the top portion.
Seeing Better With Physicians Eye Clinic
Choosing the right glasses is hard, but everyone deserves proper vision, and that’s precisely what Physicians Eye Clinic in Everette, WA, is here to provide. So if you’re struggling with your vision, need eye work done, or need your next pair of glasses, make sure you contact Physicians Eye Clinic at 425-259-2020 today for the vision you deserve.
Posted in: Eye Care