Wake up your tired eyes with eyelid surgery
- Posted on: Aug 15 2021
If you’ve ever looked in the mirror or someone has told you that you look tired, then it may be time to look at what’s causing this. If you have tired, sagging or puffy eyelids, then you may benefit from eyelid surgery. Also called blepharoplasty, eyelid surgery can help patients achieve a more youthful appearance.
Here are some ways to identify if you’re a good candidate for eyelid surgery and if you can benefit from this popular surgery.
- Most men and women over the age of 40 can benefit from eyelid surgery. That’s because aging is the primary culprit to the sagging appearance of the eyes.
- Good candidates for surgery have good tone in their facial muscles and tissues.
- If you have certain eye diseases or conditions, you will need to discuss those with your doctor to see if you are a good candidate for surgery or if you need to wait until those conditions are improved or resolved.
- Eyelid surgery can be performed on the upper eyelids, lower eyelids or both. On the upper eyelids, a small crease is made in the natural crease of the eyelid, which means the scar will be hidden once healed. The surgeon will tighten muscles, reposition and remove fat and trim excess skin. On the lower eyelids, the incision is placed just below the lower lash or within the inside of the eyelid, depending on the characteristics of the lower lid. Excess tissue is removed, and excess skin may be removed as well to smooth out the skin beneath the eyes.
- Eyelid surgery is a popular surgery for many reasons. First, it’s only a 1-2-hour outpatient surgery with recovery that isn’t overly difficult. Most people return to work in just 3-5 days after surgery.
- Results are immediate and continue to improve as swelling subsides. The results are natural-looking, and most people won’t know you’ve had it done unless you tell them you did.
- Results are permanent, but as you know, the aging process continues and you will see some loosening of the skin and sagging. But you won’t see the sagging to the degree you had prior to surgery.
If you’d like to learn whether you can benefit from eyelid surgery, schedule an appointment at our Everest office by calling (425) 259-2020.
Posted in: Blepharoplasty